You can make a difference in the lives of people who are hungry.
Coordinate a Food and Funds Drive with your family, business, school, place of worship or community organization. The food bank can make a big impact against hunger, with financial donations. We encourage all organizations to collect funds as well as food. Every $1 donated can provide 3 meals for the hungry.
Here are some tips to make your Food and Fund Drive successful.
- Plan ahead. Put together a team to select dates, set a goal and handle details.
- Pick up boxes. We have boxes that are easy to handle, available for your use and ready for quick pickup at our main warehouse on Fern Valley Road between 8:30am – 4:30pm weekdays.
- Get the word out. Print posters, promote in newsletters, email blasts, social media and on your website.
- Be creative. Offer incentives or prizes for the class or department that collects the most funds or food.
- Have fun, and spark a hunger-fighting movement! Take pictures of your final results, and share them via social media, to inspire others to do the same.
Because we purchase food at wholesale prices, we are able to stretch each dollar donated to provide even more food for struggling families. Please consider a Fund Drive in lieu of or in addition to your Food Drive, to allow us to use our resources most efficiently and impact more families in our community.
We consider your transportation of collected food as part of your donation. Your delivery to our warehouse allows us to use our resources in a cost effective manner. Our main warehouse is located at 5803 Fern Valley Road, Louisville, KY 40228. Our hours of business are 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. If you anticipate needing assistance unloading your vehicle, we recommend scheduling your delivery with our Food Drive Coordinator, Joey Stinson.