Thank you for your interest in the Dare to Care Community Kitchen Classroom. Please review the information below before submitting a reservation inquiry.
What is the Community Kitchen Classroom?
It is a demonstration kitchen with seating for fifty, two large stoves, a large retractable screen, and two large TV screens for visual instruction.
Where is the Community Kitchen Classroom?
The classroom is in the Dare to Care Community Kitchen located in the Parkland neighborhood at 1200 S. 28th Street in Louisville.
Who can use the Community Kitchen Classroom?
The classroom space is available for use by the Board of Directors and friends, partners, and nonprofit members in the community.
When is the Community Kitchen Classroom open?
The classroom is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Use of the space outside of those business hours is at the discretion of Dare to Care staff and a sponsor from the Dare to Care Board of Directors is required.
High-speed Guest internet access is available in the classroom upon request.
Dare to Care does not have staff available to be onsite for technical assistance during meetings. Please ensure that you have checked with Dare to Care staff regarding any audio-visual equipment needs prior to your meeting date and time.
There are bathrooms and a water fountain on site. There is a demonstration kitchen. The free parking is a shared lot and is first come, first served.
Reservations are based on availability and requested by accessing the form that follows. Dare to Care staff must be notified if the reservation request is grant related and/or if letter of commitment is needed.
Dare to Care reserves the right to deny any reservation request for any reason. Reservations will be automatically denied if it is determined that the group, individual, or organization has abused its past privileges while using the classroom, including disruptive behavior, discriminatory or prejudicial actions, vandalism, theft, failure to clean or return the room to order, instances of no call/no show, and/or failure to exit the building on time.
THE USE OF DARE TO CARE MEETING SPACE FOR FINANCIAL GAIN IS PROHIBITED. Meeting rooms may not be used for sales or commercial purposes, for the solicitation of business, for current or future profit or financial gain, or for fundraising. No admission may be charged, and no monies may be exchanged. No requests for donations may be made or fees charged on site. No goods or services may be promoted or sold on DTC property. This includes promoting or sales by sample, pictures, or descriptions. ALL MEETINGS MUST BE FREE.
Catered boxed lunches are preferred. Please call Almeta Abernathy to discuss accommodation with other foods. Dare to Care does not have staff available onsite to assist or accept any deliveries for events in the classroom, food or otherwise.
Classroom Operating and Closing Procedures
Dare to Care does not provide maintenance or custodial staff to set up furniture or to clean up after meetings. Please follow the directions to ensure a clean and safe community room for all. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please contact your Dare to Care representative, Almeta Abernathy.
- All controls are in the AV cabinet. Will be accessed by DTC Greeter.
- Monitors – use the two black hand-held controls to turn them on and off.
- Projector – use the white hand-held control to turn on and off. The screen switch is on the wall next to the door by the cabinets.
- Camera – DTC Greeter will turn on if needed.
- Erase Board – use only provided markers.
- Please wipe down the island, countertops, and tables with multipurpose cleaner (cleaning supplies provided).
- All AV equipment is turned off.
- The projector screen is returned to the up position (switch is on the wall).
- Return all controls to the AV cabinet and lock.
- Hood system – turn off lights and motor (right of the main sink).
- Ensure all tables and chairs are put back in place.
- Wipe down dry erase board if used.
- Place all waste in rolling trashcan and tie up at the end of the event.
- Discard any food waste in the blue container. Secure lid to blue container.
- Turn off all lights.
- Ensure that the door is locked upon leaving.
- All furniture should be returned to its original location (see picture).
To request a reservation, please submit the form below at least 20 days before your desired reservation date. Contact Almeta Abernathy for more information.
Submitting the form below does not confirm your meeting. You will be contacted using the information you provided to confirm your meeting room reservation date and time.