Working together to feed our community
Dare to Care Food Bank reaches individuals facing hunger through our network of over 200 dedicated partner agencies, that are committed to ending hunger in Kentuckiana.
Partner agencies include food pantries, shelters, emergency kitchens and other organizations in our community. Dare to Care donates food from our inventory to these agencies. In turn, these agencies are on the front lines, directly providing food assistance to community members in need.
- Emergency Kitchens and Shelters prepare meals and serve them at their location to anyone who comes to their site.
- Food Pantries serve people in need of food assistance, by providing them food to take home to prepare.
- Closed Networks provide needed food service to a defined group of people, typically individuals who are receiving other critical services and would otherwise struggle to access Dare to Care’s other partners.
- Youth Programs are partners whose main purpose is to provide services to children under 18, not including Kids Cafes.
- “Distribution Center” is a classification Dare to Care assigns to what it considers a “super pantry.” Distribution Centers have the capacity to serve clients within a large, defined geographic area. Typically, Distribution Centers have the capacity to offer a variety of client services, including food assistance, to residents within its service area, and offers wide hours of operation. Most distribute USDA commodities monthly and provide other needed services.
Interested in becoming a partner agency? Learn how to become a partner.
To contact the Partner Development Team directly, please call 502-736-9423 or 502-736-9417.