Working together to feed our community
Dare to Care Food Bank reaches our food-insecure neighbors through our network of 300 dedicated partner agencies, that are committed to food justice in Kentuckiana.
Partner agencies include food pantries, shelters, emergency kitchens, and other nonprofit organizations and faith communities. Dare to Care donates food from our inventory to these agencies. In turn, these agencies are on the front lines directly providing food assistance to our neighbors.
- Emergency Kitchens and Shelters prepare meals and serve them at their location to anyone who comes to their site.
- Food Pantries serve people in need of food assistance by providing food to take home to prepare.
- Closed Networks provide food service to a defined group of people, typically individuals who are receiving other critical services and would otherwise struggle to access Dare to Care’s other partners.
- Youth Programs are partners whose main purpose is to provide services to children under 18, not including Kids Cafes.
- “Distribution Center” is a classification Dare to Care assigns to our “super pantry” partners. Distribution Centers have the capacity to serve clients several days a week and offer a variety of support services, in addition to food assistance, to their guests.
Dare to Care is developing its strategic food access plan and is currently paused on accepting new applications.
Interested in becoming an Agency Partner? Complete the Agency Partner Interest Form below or contact a member of the Partner Development Team for more information.