Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates and Information
Dare to Care Food Bank is closely following developments with the COVID-19 challenge, especially for individuals who are food insecure. We prioritize the health and safety of our community, volunteers, and staff, and we are taking extra precautions to safely respond to increased food needs during this time.
Our COVID-19 task force meets to identify operational changes needed to ensure food assistance is maintained during this volatile period. Responding to crisis is a team effort and we know you are experiencing this alongside us. We are grateful for the community’s support in making our response efforts possible.
If you or someone you know needs food assistance, we are here to help. The list below will be updated as additional resources are added.
- Visit our Need Food page to locate a Dare to Care distribution center near you or call 502-966-3821. While our distribution centers remain open, many are employing a drive-through food box model to help ensure social distancing. Please call prior to visiting, as some pantries and kitchens have changed hours and processes during this time.
- Dare to Care’s Kids Cafe sites are providing meals for children 18 and under this summer. Click here for locations and hours.
- In addition to searching our map for food assistance, Harrison County residents can click here for a list of resources shared by the Harrison County Community Foundation.
- Temporary Mobile Pantries have been added in the 40228 and 40211 zip codes. Please visit our Need Food page to find a Mobile Pantry in your neighborhood.
- Find out if you or a member of your household qualify for a discount on internet, free computers, and resources to stay connected at home. Click here for more information.
- LG&E customers in Jefferson County could be eligible for up to $1,000 in aid if they have a past due amount on their LG&E bill as a result of an economic hardship related to COVID-19, and if those past due bills occurred between March 16, 2020 and March 31, 2021. To determine eligibility, click here.
Want to help?
- If you would like to support our COVID-19 response efforts, please consider making a donation here. This allows us to use your gift to meet the greatest need. Every $1 donated helps provide 3 meals.
- Volunteers are needed for various projects at Dare to Care’s warehouse. We have limited volunteer shifts to 10 volunteers at a time and adjusted our usual volunteer model in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. All volunteers must be at least age 14. Click here to sign up.
- Our partner agencies are operational and some need additional volunteer support. These sites schedule their own volunteers, so you will need to communicate with them directly. Follow this link to find a site near you. Many of our partners are experiencing a high volume of calls, so please be prepared to share the following information: email address, phone number, availability, and what type of support you can provide (food distribution, transportation/delivery, or as-needed support).
- If Dare to Care has helped you during COVID-19, please consider sharing your story to inspire others to get involved or to get the help they need. Click here to share your story.